Monday, May 2, 2016

Lemurs, Antelopes and Impending Extinctions

That was weird. Last week involved what felt like a lot more interviewing and preparation than actual writing, and yet I ended up with six published articles. Go figure.

Well, I guess that means this coming week will see even more as all of that prep work pays off and turns into actual stories.

Anyway, let's get to the links. I'll start with this, my second piece for Slate:

Unfortunately, You Can't Have a Lemur as a Pet


Next up, my latest for TakePart;

Africa’s Antelopes Face Extinction as Climate Change Squeezes Habitat


And finally this week, here are four short new "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Legacy of South Africa's First Female Botanist Reaffirmed after 147 Years

Island Fox May Have Lowest Genetic Variability of Any Animal

Royal Cambodian Turtle Population Plummets 95 Percent; Just 10 Left in the Wild

Black-Throated Finch Extinct in New South Wales


Lots more in the coming days and weeks ahead. Make sure to follow me on Twitter for headlines as they go live.

No comments: