Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bumblebees, eco-friendly fur, zombies and more

I'm working on several new features at the moment, which I'll link to here as they appear. Meanwhile, here are last week's articles:

First up, as always, my Extinction Countdown columns for Scientific American:

Horn of rarity: Asia's 'unicorn' resurfaces after 10 years--then dies

Cost to save the world's tigers: $10,000 each per year (or just pennies a day!)

British bumblebees are inbreeding themselves into extinction

Next we've got a few fun pieces for Mother Nature Network:

Got brains? New college course digs deep into zombies

Can fur be eco-friendly?

Last but not least, here are my most recent items for Green Hands USA, including my first "green music" story:

New Book Smartens You Up About Solar Power

Reverb Seeks Volunteers for Campus Consciousness Tour

College Students: Win an iPad by Being Green

Enjoy!

No comments: