Monday, November 12, 2012

Whale discovery, bad news for coffee and a surprise appearance by Charles Darwin

What a week. The election and hurricane Sandy combined for a one-two punch of stress. Most of my friends and clients live in storm-ravaged areas, so I have spent a lot of time lately worrying about them, digging up information through my thankfully functioning Internet connection, and trying to stay connected. It hasn't always been easy. I still have one or two friends without heat and at least one client without email. What a modern society we have in this country!

Anyway, although a few of my articles didn't see print last week as planned, quite a few more still made their way into the world. Here's the list, starting with my Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American:

Amazing: Rarest Whale Seen for First Time in History, but Not at Sea  [This was my most-read SciAm article of the past year!]

Last 500 Ethiopian Wolves Endangered by Lack of Genetic Diversity


Next up, a whole bunch of articles -- many of them climate-related -- for Mother Nature Network:

Charles Darwin gets 4,000 write-in votes in Georgia election

More researchers join effort to control stink bugs organically

Climate change threatens your morning cup of coffee

Satellites could help predict volcano eruptions

Staten Island desperately needs underwear

Climate change could have devastating effect on India's monsoon season


That's it for this time around. A few extra, storm-delayed articles should appear this coming week, along with my usual batch of stuff. Make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest links as they go live!

No comments: