Monday, January 7, 2013

Vomiting robots, giant pandas and dead manatees

Hey folks, it's time for me to list my very first articles of 2013.

And yes, I actually typed 2013 correctly, instead of typing 2012 and immediately going back and correcting it, so as far as I'm concerned the new year is off to a good start.

Anyway, it was a short week, with just three work days and five new articles. One of those was my regular Extinction Countdown post for Scientific American, while the others were all for Mother Nature Network:

Fewer Manatee Deaths in 2012, but Threats Remain

Larry the vomiting robot helps researchers study norovirus

Should China be reintroducing more giant pandas back into the wild?

Giant panda blood holds potential as power antibiotic, researchers say

Rebecca Tarbotton, young conservationist, dies in swimming accident

We're back to a five-day week this week, so there will be two Extinction Countdown articles, a bevvy for MNN (some of which are part of a new feature that premiers this month), my latest engineer careers articles, and a few other pieces here and there. Make sure to follow me on Twitter for links as they go live!

No comments: