Monday, March 25, 2013

Pope Week + Turtles + A Two-Year Saga

Oh man, I wish I could let you know about all of the cool articles I have coming up in the next few weeks. I have already completed the interviews for...let's see...something like 10 or 12 new articles, at least 9 or which are due before the end of the month. There's going to be an awful lot of typing here over the next 7 days!

Anyway, I don't mean to be a tease. I can't tell you the topics of those upcoming articles, but I can point you to the pieces of mine that published last week. First up, my usual two Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American:

5 Turtles from Nearly Extinct Species Fly Home to Hong Kong [my favorite article of the week]

Illegal Pet Trade Wiping Out Yellow-Crested Cockatoos

I also added a weekly link compendium to the Extinction Countdown roster. "Links from the Brink" will appear every Saturday. Here's the first installment.


Next up, this week's articles for Mother Nature Network, including two pieces about the new pope and the sad end to the saga of the Toomer's Corner oaks, which I've been writing about for the past two years.:

Beloved Auburn University oak trees to be cut down April 23

University of Tennessee gets OK for natural gas extraction on public land

Protect the environment, says Pope Francis

Pope blesses reporter's guide dog

New study links childhood asthma to living near traffic 


This coming week will bring all kinds of new and fun stuff -- more teasing, I know! -- so stay tuned to this blog or follow me on Twitter for the headlines as they happen.

No comments: