Monday, April 14, 2014

Automotive Careers and Amazing Monkeys

Most journalists have at least one specialty or beat. I have several, as illustrated by this week's articles.

One of my favorite beats is covering technology careers. Here's my latest feature for IEEE's The Institute:

How to Get Hired in the Automotive Industry


The beat that makes makes my heat beat is endangered species. Here are my three latest "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American, followed by one more related article for TakePart:

First-Ever Video of Critically Endangered Myanmar Snub-Nosed Monkeys

Killifishes Killed Off: 2 Fish Species May Be Extinct in the Wild

Weekend Species Snapshot: Spix’s Macaw


If This Oil Spill Isn't Cleaned Up, Endangered Sea Turtles Will Get a Crude Awakening


I also love covering anything that has to do with the environment, as in these articles for Mother Nature Network:

Infrared radiation could be the next big source of renewable energy

Deserts don't just absorb carbon dioxide, they squirrel it away for safekeeping

Another cause of California's drought: Pot farms


I have other subjects that I love to write about: entrepreneurship, philanthropy, comic books, history, new technologies... and yes, I have articles on all of those subjects coming up soon.

Anyway, that's it for this week's article list. Join me next Monday for more links from most of these same beats.

No comments: