Monday, November 17, 2014

Tasteful Nakedness and Distasteful Idiocy

Hey folks! It's Monday again and time for my weekly roundup of the previous week's articles. This was a fun week, with several great news stories and the publication of a few pieces that I had been working on for a while.

I'll start the list with this week's wildlife and poaching articles for TakePart. Can you guess which was my most popular article for the week?

Park Rangers Go Naked to Protect Rhinos

Watch Indian Villagers Rescue a Lion That Fell Down a Well


Next up, another article for TakePart. This one's a bit different in that two related articles were combined into one, so I share a byline with another writer. Anyway, both parts are good, important stuff. Check it out. Mine is the second half.

Battling Ebola, It's the Little Things That Count


The next two links come from my regular Extinction Countdown column at Scientific American. The first story gets the win for the biggest stupidity uncovered this week:

Mapping Mistake Threatens 1,400 Chimpanzees and Newly Discovered Endangered Plant

Critically Endangered Gecko Discovered in Madagascar


And finally, on a completely different note, I also have an article about hospital construction trends entitled "Health Care Law Boosts Outpatient Facilities" in the November 10 issue of Engineering News-Record, but you need a subscription to access it. Oh well, you can at least see the cover to the right.

That's it for this week. I already know that a few cool things are coming up pretty darn quickly -- perhaps even today -- so make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest headlines as they happen.

No comments: