Monday, November 24, 2014

Mondays, am I right?

Hey folks, welcome to my normal Monday link-dump of the articles that I published in the previous week. Whoo-boy...this week's list contains some pretty bleak stuff. But don't worry, if you can get through it all, there's a neat technology story at the end.

Okay, first up on the Monday Morning Bleak Parade, my latest "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Bluefin Tuna, Chinese Cobra and Others Added to Red List of Threatened Species

Life on the Volcano Is Increasingly Tough for These Hawaiian Birds


Next up, two more bleak articles, this time from my poaching and wildlife coverage for TakePart:

Poachers Are Now Slaughtering Africa's Giraffes

Florida Drivers' Need for Speed Is Wiping Out the Critically Endangered Panther


Still with us? Well here's your reward: something about the future. This is my latest careers piece for Today's Engineer:

Engineers: Your Brains Need You!


This week will be a short one, with Thanksgiving and the ensuing four-day weekend (of shop-fest, depending on your point of view), so there won't be too many new articles published over the next seven days. All the same, I'll probably be working all weekend to catch up some extra-cool deadlines. Don't worry about me, though: they're all really cool, non-bleak stories that help make up for some of the stuff like you just read.

See you next Monday!

No comments: