Monday, July 20, 2015

My Own Private Shark Week (and other stories)

Discovery Channel's annual "Shark Week" programming may be over, but that didn't stop me from having my own shark week, with two new articles about Sharks for TakePart and Scientific American:

A Tech Billionaire’s Plan to Save Endangered Sharks and Coral Reefs

Three Angel Shark Species Proposed for Protection


I also wrote two other endangered species stories for SciAm and TakePart:

World's Biggest Bumblebee at Risk of Extinction

Groups Ask Obama Administration to Protect Critically Endangered Pangolins


My last of this week's headlines comes from IEEE's The Institute, where I once again profile the annual Presidents' Scholarship winner (one of my favorite gigs of the year):

High School Student Designs a ‘Wheelchair’ That Lets Users Stand Up


That's it for this week. Make sure to tune in next Monday for more links, or follow me on Twitter for headlines as they happen!

No comments: