Monday, April 4, 2016

Comic Einstein, Blind Birds and Sagging Sea Turtles

Hey folks, welcome to Monday once again. I hope you had a great weekend and that your morning coffee is nice and warm because I have quite a few article links for you this week.

First up, something unusual. I mostly write about wildlife these days, but when an editor asks me to write about comic books the answer is always yes. Hence this piece for From the Grapevine:

When Superman met Einstein: A history of Albert Einstein’s comic book appearances


Next up, my second story for Audubon:

Scientists Solve A Shag-adelic Bird Mystery


Of course, that brings us to this week's "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Coelacanth, the Famous "Living Fossil" Fish, Gets Endangered Species Act Protection

What's Blinding (and Killing) This Rare Scottish Bird?


Finally this week, here are three big new stories for TakePart:

The Recovery of the World’s Most Endangered Sea Turtle Has Stalled

South African Rhinos May Get an Unusual Safe Haven: Australia

Orangutan Oops: Rescue Efforts Led to Genetic Mix-Ups Among Borneo's Endangered Apes


I have lots more in the works (some of which will be hitting the wires early this week), so make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest links as they go live. Otherwise I'll see you here next Monday!

No comments: