Monday, September 5, 2016

Slaughtered Elephants, Social Seals and Green Roofs

Good morning, dear readers. It's Labor Day here in the States, which means I shouldn't be working. Don't worry, though, this is just a quick hit to post my weekly list of last week's articles. After that I'll move away from the computer and... oh, who am I kidding? I'll probably do more work.

Well, regardless of how I end up spending the rest of my day, here are this week's articles, starting with some brutal news and some interesting tech, both for TakePart:

Africa Has Lost a Third of Its Elephants in Just 7 Years

Cities Fight Flooding by Turning Rooftops Into Prairies



This week's other two articles were both for Scientific American, where writing about extinction occasionally brings some good news:

How Social Networks Could Save Hawaiian Monk Seals

Nautilus Finally Moves toward Endangered Species Protection


I have lots more in the works, so follow me on Twitter for links as new articles go live, or come on back here next Monday for another run-down.

No comments: