Monday, December 19, 2016

Giraffes, Millennials and eBikes

Wow, December sure is motoring along. Like, I'm sure, a lot of you, the coming two weeks are all about tying up the last business of the year. Meanwhile, though, there sure are still a lot of my articles coming down the pike. Last week saw the publication of six new articles by me, covering a pretty broad range of topics.

Let's start the list with my last two articles for TakePart, which, sadly, stopped publishing last week. I wrote nearly 300 articles for TakePart over the past three years, including more than a few that I don't think anyone else would have let me write. It's a shame to see them go, but I'm happy to go out with two good stories, including one set here in Portland.

EPA Restricts Use of Pesticides That Are Harming Endangered Species

Brown Goes Green: UPS Tests Electric Bikes for Deliveries in Portland


Next up, two new "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Giraffe's "Silent Extinction" Finally Earns Some Noise

The 301 Mammal Species Most Threatened by Overhunting


Switching gears, here's my latest tech careers feature for IEEE-USA InSight:

Generations: What Can Older and Younger Engineers Learn from Each Other?


And finally, here's a neat business profile piece for American Builders Quarterly:

Culture + Art + Science = Retail Innovation


That's it for this time around. Expect a few more links next Monday!

No comments: