Monday, October 17, 2011

Tigers, Halloween, Salaries and a Contest Win

Monday means making links, with last week's articles and a few other tidbits.

This week's two Extinction Countdown columns for Scientific American not only covered important issues, they were also quite popular. The tiger article was the most popular in the last month, while the pheasant article was the only coverage of this species on this continent:

Mystery Tiger Deaths Solved: Canine Distemper Plagues Siberian Tigers

Surveys Find No Sign of Endangered Vietnamese Pheasant

My latest feature for Today's Engineer went up last week. This is a pretty useful service for engineers:

Is Your Salary Competitive? Find Out with the Latest IEEE-USA Salary Survey and Calculator

Green Hands USA continues to chug along. Here are two new blog posts, along with a rerun:

Kids, Roar for Big Cats this Halloween

Home Depot Recognized for Commitment to Saving Water

Rerun article: 7 Inexpensive Ways to Stay Warm This Autumn

Finally, this week, I won Eli Stein's Cartoon Caption Contest again! This is my fifth win, and while it's not the New Yorker caption contest, it will hold me over until I start posting my own cartoons online again in a few weeks.

More next Monday!

P.S. -- I'm taking on new writing clients to help pay for my poor pug's cancer treatments. If there's anything I can write for you, let me know!

No comments: