Monday, July 29, 2013

Exclusives and features galore

Every Monday morning I do two things: look back and look ahead. Right now, you're seeing the looking back part. Last week brought a ton of new articles, including several stories that no other journalists have told and a couple of articles that have been in the works for months.

First up in this week's link parade, my usual two Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American.

To Save the Sumatran Rhino, Zoo Will Attempt to Mate Brother and Sister

Endangered Plants for Sale Online: Are They Legal?


My latest feature for IEEE's publication The Institute came out this week. I love interviewing inspiring scientists and technology people:

IEEE Groups to Launch the First All-Women Start-ups in India


My latest article for Lion Magazine, the publication of Lions Clubs International, also hit the stands this week. I really enjoyed working on this one, and it's a great solution that could work for the many clubs around the country which are facing declining memberships:

Maine's Oldest Lions Club Gets Younger


And finally, here are a bunch of news stories for Mother Nature Network:

Could carbon dioxide be converted to electricity?

The best place for solar power is ... New Jersey?

CIA-funded project could control the weather

U.S. Navy drops 4 bombs on Great Barrier Reef

It's a banner year for mosquitoes

In addition to all of the links above, several of these articles were reprinted at the Huffington Post and Business Insider, but I'll spare you those links.

So what comes next? Well, looking forward, I can predict that this week will bring several new articles for SciAm and MNN, and I'll be finishing up a few articles for other publications. Other than that, I have several ideas bouncing around, and I think more than one of them will be coming to life soon. We'll see.

Until those ideas spring forth, feel free to follow me on Twitter. I'll announce new article links as they happen!

No comments: