Monday, December 23, 2013

Parasites, Lemurs and Talking about Technology

The year may be rapidly drawing to a close, but I still have a few things left to accomplish this year. That includes a whole bunch of new articles, which covered a wide range of topics this week.

First up, as usual, my three "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Good News for One of the World’s Rarest Monkeys

Parasites that Cause Chagas Disease in Humans May Also Be Killing Tiny Australian Marsupials

Sunday Species Snapshot: Alaotran Gentle Lemur


Next up, my latest feature for IEEE-USA's Today's Engineer, which I enjoyed researching and writing:

Talking Technology with Non-Technical Audiences


This past week also saw the publication of my first article for Engineering News-Record, a look at the past year for the communications construction industry for their Global 2013 Sourcebook. It's behind a subscriber paywall, but if you happen to be a subscriber you can read it here.


Finally this week, here are a whole bunch of news articles for Mother Nature Network:

Bananas: Famous fruit faces fatal fungus

Mark Zuckerberg and other tech billionaires create $3 million mathematics prize

Are there diamonds in Antarctica? It's possible, scientists say

Do you 'like' nonprofits? Now you can donate right through Facebook

Tiny 'micromotors' could clean polluted water


That's it for this week. Join my next week for my final list of articles for the year. I may wait until after Monday to post it, if just to include the last links for 2013. Don't forget, you can always follow me on Twitter for the latest links as they go live.

No comments: