Monday, January 27, 2014

Sharks, Chimps and Nuts

Well, apparently you can get a flu shot and still come down with a nasty case of the flu. Or some other stomach bug. Whatever the heck it was, it laid me up for about two and a half days of last week, severely cutting back on my normally prodigious output. Oh well, I still managed to turn in my biggest assignment to date (shhh -- I can't tell you anything about it yet), interview some cool folks (for articles that I will finish up this coming week) and publish some (just four, sigh) interesting articles.

Speaking of those articles, here they are -- two for Scientific American and two for Mother Nature Network:

30 Percent of Sharks, Rays and Related Species at Risk of Extinction

Sunday Species Snapshot: Mexican Agouti

Chimpanzees gesture for (and bond over) food

Nut job: Thieves are stealing California walnuts by the truckload


So that's it for this time around, but worry not, I'm pounding the vitamin C and fluids and I am well-rested for the writing week to come. It's sure to be a fun and exciting week, so come on back here in 7 days for the links or follow me on Twitter for the latest headlines as they go live.

2 comments:

newsnoise said...

Get better soon, brother!

John R. Platt said...

Feeling much better today, thanks!