Monday, February 3, 2014

Weird wildlife, Extinction sadness and Science awesomeness

Even the flu can't keep me down for long. I cam back like gangbusters after last week's ugh-induced lowered productivity, with eight new published articles and a bunch of others working their way through the editorial cycle.

I'll start this list, as I usually do, with my "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American, which covered both sadness and wonder:

Only 4 Northern White Rhinos Remain in Africa: Inside the Last Attempts to Breed and Save Them

First Wild Beaver in 800 Years Confirmed in England? [Video]

Did the Axolotl Just Go Extinct?


I also wrote a wide variety of stories for Mother Nature Network, including one that may be the funniest thing I have written in months:

Behold, the freaky leech that can stay alive at 321 degrees below zero

For stem cells in 30 minutes, just add acid

These e-whiskers could lend cat-like sensitivity to robots

Stephen Hawking says black holes don't exist (well, not in the way we thought)

Drug trafficking leads to massive deforestation in Central America


This coming week should see more for SA and MNN, and maybe some additional articles that are working their way toward publication. Follow me on Twitter for the links as they happen, or come on back here next Monday for another list of links. Have a great week!

No comments: