Monday, March 10, 2014

Otters, Exotics and the Need for Speed

The past three months have been busy, busy, busy. After working my tail off from December through February, I decided to slow down a bit last week and took a couple of hours off each day. It felt great -- and more importantly, it gave me the opportunity to refocus on some amazing opportunities that lie ahead.

But I still managed to write several articles last week, including this one for Scientific American:

25 Years after Exxon Valdez Spill, Sea Otters Recovered in Alaska’s Prince William Sound


This week also saw the publication of my first article for TakePart, where I'll be contributing weekly articles about wildlife and other environmental issues:

A Guy and His Pet Tiger Walked Into a Bar—Find Out What Happened Next


I also wrote a few of my usual news items for Mother Nature Network (this was a particularly fun batch):

WildLeaks: The neighborhood watch of the animal world seeks prying eyes

Sick of winter? Use this site to find the cities with the most pleasant days per year

Speed-reading apps: A time-saving solution for the modern world?


It's back to full-speed-ahead this week, and there's already lots on my plate. As usual, I'll post the headlines on Twitter as they happen, and you can get the full list here next Monday.

Have a great week!

No comments: