Monday, July 21, 2014

Job Interviews, Mountain Gorillas and Reptile Robberies


Monday rolls around once again, and with it comes my latest list of article links. This week also marks the beginning of big changes in my publication patterns. Right now I am typing like a madman in anticipation of moving from Maine to Portland, Oregon, in three short weeks. I should have a lot of articles out over the next few weeks, then things will slow down during August as we pack, drive across the country, unpack and get settled. Then, come September, the article machine should once again kick into high gear.

But that's the future. Let's talk about the recent past. Here are my publications from this past week, starting with my latest careers article for IEEE-USA's Today's Engineer. I had a lot of fun writing this:

Tips for Effective Skype Job Interviews


Next up, two new Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American:

Tiger Skins Are Like Fingerprints—Could That Help Stop Smugglers and Poachers?

Baby Mountain Gorillas Celebrated by 40,000 People in Rwanda


Sticking with animals (but getting a bit bleaker), here are this week's wildlife/poaching articles for TakePart:

Is This Polar Bear the World's Saddest Animal?

Reptile Robbery: Why Poachers Are Wiping Out Ontario’s Turtles


And finally, a newsy environmental article for Mother Nature Network:

EPA: Proposed Pebble Mine could destroy Alaskan salmon fishery


Well, that's it for today. Next week's list should be even longer. I have a ton of articles due this week and quite a few already in my editors' hands pending publication. Oh yeah, and I have a lot of packing to do. Lots and lots of packing...

No comments: