Monday, July 14, 2014

Manatees, Milk and More

I hope you're sitting comfortably because you have more than a few of my articles to read this week. Several of these were written last week, while many finally worked their way through the publication cycle into the world.

Let's start the linkfest with my two latest "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Endangered Manatees Face a New Threat: Lawsuits

Why Is Namibia Killing Its Rare Desert Elephants?


Next up, my latest wildlife and poaching articles for TakePart, as well as two explainers:

The U.K.'s Unjustifiable Plan to Kill Thousands of Its Beloved Badgers

Poachers Are Killing Thousands of African Vultures to Hide Evidence of Their Crimes

How do solar panels work?

What is a carbon footprint?


My latest article for Conservation just hit the web. It's also in their summer print issue:

Non-Toxic Flame Retardants Made from Milk


Here are three new articles for Mother Nature Network and their sister site, ReThink Israel:

Photosynthesis photographed for the first time

Butterflies change travel plans as U.K. warms

5 cool new robot inventions


And finally this week, my latest careers article for IEEE's The Institute:

Noncompete Clauses: What You Should Know


This coming week should bring one or two other new items from the publication queue, as well as all of the new stuff I'll be writing this week. Make sure to follow me on Twitter for links as they happen!

No comments: