Monday, July 7, 2014

Hipster chimpanzees and other science

With 35 days to go until our big move to Portland, I find myself facing more than the usual number of deadlines. In addition to packing like a madman, I have also cleverly loaded up my July with lots of writing assignments so I can take a good chunk of August off in order to accomplish the move. That means a lot of stuff I'm writing now may not appear for weeks or even a few months. But quite a bit of it will still appear regularly, as the news waits for no man or moving date.

Anyway, here are this week's five new articles, written for TakePart, Mother Nature Network, and MNN's sister site, ReThink Israel:


Hipster Chimpanzees Sticking Grass in Their Ears Is the New Hot Thing

A New Weapon Against Poachers: Bitcoin

How your old cellphone could help stop illegal logging and poaching

Human evolution reveals clue to solving modern illnesses

Why do children in Israel have fewer peanut allergies?


This coming week should see a bunch of publications at those sites, plus Scientific American, The Institute, and maybe a few others. Make sure to follow me on Twitter for links as they happen!

No comments: