Monday, April 15, 2013

Diversity, new species & endangered cats

Another week, another nine new articles published, some of which have been in the works for months.

I'll start with this week's Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American, which all garnered above-average readership:

The 6 Most Endangered Feline Species

Beautiful Striped Bat Identified as Entirely New Genus

Starving Orangutans, Dead Bats and Other Links from the Brink


Next up, my latest careers article for Today's Engineer. I interviewed some really great, enormously inspiring people for this piece. Endangered species may be my passion, but I really love working on these technology careers articles:

The Importance of STEM Diversity


And here are a whole bunch of thought-provoking new articles for Mother Nature Network:

Voice-over artist continues quest to regain his lost voice [This is a sequel to a very popular article I wrote in 2011.]

New tree-living porcupine species discovered

Another advantage of greener neighborhoods: Less crime

New laws would punish those who shoot undercover video of livestock abuse

Impact of Keystone XL pipeline examined in new e-book


That's it for this time around. Come on back next Monday for another link list, or follow me on Twitter for the links as they happen.

No comments: