Monday, December 29, 2014

Last articles of 2014

The end of the year fast approaches and I find myself doing something I haven't done in a very, very long time:

Taking some time off.

Yes, for the first time in about a decade I am taking an extended vacation (or staycation as the case may be). Oh sure, I'm still working a little bit, but for the most part I'm recharging for what I expect to be a very eventful 2015.

That doesn't mean none of my articles will appear during this period, of course. Here are two brief new "Extinction Countdown" pieces for Scientific American:

Holiday Species Snapshot: Christmas Island Shrew

The Best (or Worst) of 2014


And here's one more for TakePart -- my first "gallery"-style article:

10 Gifts for Wildlife Lovers -- and Wildlife


As far as I know, this is the last of my articles to appear before the end of the year. If I'm wrong, I'll post any links on the 31st and then look back at the year that was. Until then, make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest and greatest.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have more vacationing to accomplish...

No comments: