Monday, December 8, 2014

Sea Ice, Eggs and Christmas Trees

Boy, the days sure are flying fast. We're already more than a week into December and I haven't done a lick of Christmas shopping. But of course I have written about Christmas. Does that count?

Anyway, here are my articles from this past week, starting with two new Extinction Countdown pieces for Scientific American:

As Sea Ice Disappears, Arctic Ringed Seals Could Get Largest Critical Habitat Ever

Rare Iguana is Endangered Because People Like to Eat Egg-Carrying Females


Next up, my latest wildlife/poaching articles for TakePart:

More Tigers Are Dying in India—but the Future’s Looking Brighter

A Baby Boom for World's Rarest Antelope


And here's that Christmas article, a feature about trees, again for TakePart:

Fake or Real? The Best Christmas Tree Choice for the Environment Might Surprise You


The next week or so should see the publication of a few long-gestating features, as well as the usual batch of news articles. Follow me on Twitter for the latest links as they happen or come back here next Monday for the weekly compendium. Heck, I might have even done some of my Christmas shopping by then!

No comments: