Monday, September 7, 2015

Elusive Species, Intrepid Adventurers and Technology Startups

Happy Labor Day! I'm not working today -- an extreme rarity for a freelance writer, let me tell you! -- but I am taking a moment to remind you about the work that I did last week. It was quite a week -- a mix of new news articles and a few features that have been in the works for a while now and finally saw the light of day (or the computer monitor as the case may be).

Let's start the list with those news articles, the first three of which were for TakePart:

Soon Nearly Every Seabird Will Be Flying With a Gut Full of Plastic Trash

Adventurer Is Walking 1,800 Miles to Find Madagascar’s Rarest Lemur

Australia’s Wombats Are Dying in the Worst Way Possible—Could an App Help?


Next up, my latest "Extinction Countdown" article for Scientific American:

Asian Vultures Get Good News Ahead of International Vulture Day


On a related conservation note, here's my first feature for Mongabay:

The Cat Ba Langur: a primate walks the razor’s edge of extinction


And finally this week, here's my latest technology careers article for IEEE's The Institute:

Get Schooled on Startups From a Venture Capitalist Whose Companies Have Never Failed


That's it -- plenty for you to read on the last day of your long weekend.

Follow me on Twitter for more of this week's headlines, or come back here next Monday for another list!

No comments: