Monday, February 22, 2016

Layoffs, Birds, Tigers and Adventurers

Source: Govt of Thailand/WCS Thailand
The past seven days have been busy, busy, busy. I'm working on a half-dozen news articles, five new features, and one big thing I don't even know how to describe.

Meanwhile, my latest news articles popped up online, along with a few articles I have been working on since the beginning of the year.

I'll start this list with a milestone, my first article for Audubon magazine:

How Flashing Lights on Cell Towers Can Save Birds’ Lives


On a completely different note, here's my latest tech careers article for IEEE-USA InSight. I think this contains some great advice that I haven't seen anywhere else:

Tips for Surviving a Layoff


That brings us back to the wildlife beat and two new "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American:

Rarest Crocs in the Americas Get a Radio Boost

Tigers Have Just One Safe Habitat in SE Asia


Finally, here are two new pieces for TakePart, the second of which is my favorite article of the week. (I know, I know, I buried the lede.)

Shark Scientists Agree: Shark Fishing Is OK (Sometimes)

Adventurer Encounters World’s Rarest Lemur During 1,600-Mile Trek


That's it for this week. Come on back 'round here next Monday for another link list, or follow me on Twitter for headlines as they happen!

No comments: