Monday, February 8, 2016

Zika, Heavy Metals and Poachers

Hey folks, welcome once again to my Monday morning look back at my latest articles.

Last week I published five new articles. I think I turned in two or three others that will be coming out at some point in the next month. It's tough balancing all of this work, but it's also deeply satisfying.

Okay, let's start the list with three new articles for TakePart, including yet another elephant-related article (don't worry, this time it's good news!):

Conservationists Rush to Save the Congo’s Last 38 Giraffes

Is the Zika Virus (or Something Worse) Killing Nicaragua’s Monkeys?

500 African Elephants Are Moving to a New Home


Next up, two new "Extinction Countdown" articles for Scientific American, neither of which are good news:

Heavy: Caspian Turtles Are Polluted by Toxic Lead, Mercury and Cadmium

Poachers Steal 7 Million South African Abalones a Year


Finally this week, here's one of my older SciAm articles that just got translated into Spanish:

El exterminador de estrellas de mar: un robot patrulla las aguas de la Gran Barrera de Coral 


Look for more soon. Follow me on Twitter to get the latest headlines as they happen!

No comments: