Monday, April 2, 2012

Orangutans, extinct trees, dead horses and popcorn

I'm on deadline, so I'll keep my intro to this week's stories brief:

Both of this week's Extinction Countdown stories were fun to report:

2 Trees Twice Thought to Be Extinct Rediscovered in Tanzania

Ecotourism Does Not Overly Stress Orangutans, Study Finds



As always, Mother Nature Network gave me a wide range of stories to write about this week:

Senator launches investigation into PTSD treatment denials by military hospitals

Popcorn may be healthier than some fruits and vegetables

Drugged and endangered: Horse racing fatalities and injuries on the rise

Park Slope Food Co-op declines to vote on proposed boycott of Israeli products


And Green Hands USA lets me blog about good ways you can go green:

Lights Out: Celebrate Earth Hour This Weekend  [Whoops, ya missed it.]

Tufts University Students Compete While They Recycle

For Longer Battery Life, Skip LTE Phones

I turned in a new feature article on Friday, with two more due this week and a fourth getting started. Maybe a fifth if the contract comes through. But I'll be keeping up the usual articles as SA, MNN, etc, so follow me on Twitter for the links as they happen.

No comments: