Monday, April 30, 2012

Rhinos, Squirrels, Poisons and more

Another week gone by, another few thousand words typed and online. I like it.

My two Extinction Countdown articles for Scientific American covered some good news for two critically endangered species:
160 Video Cameras to Help Monitor Last 35 Javan Rhinos [This was also reprinted by the Huffington Post.]

(Oh, and you can read all of my recent articles on rhinos here.)

Critically Endangered Colombian Parrot Doubles Its Protected Habitat


Mother Nature Network kept me delightfully busy this week:
Whistleblower exposes tree poisoning in billboard industry

Is California's famous Salton Sea doomed?

#Squirrel! Craigslist founder uses social media to raise money for wildlife

Frida Kahlo's mysterious infertility diagnosed through her paintings


And here are two new "green living" blog posts for Green Hands USA:

Save an Orangutan: Don't Buy Palm Oil

Portland (Oregon and Maine) Named Two of America's Greenest Cities


This coming week will see more at SciAm and MNN. Some time this week, my latest feature for Lion magazine should be online. (I received my print copy in the mail on Saturday.) Depending on publication schedules, I'll also have three new technology features coming out this week or next. And then there's all of the other stuff I'm working on!


Make sure to follow me on Twitter for the latest links as they go live!

No comments: